ABC Cuts 'Cougar Town' Episode Order
UPDATED: The network pulls back seven episodes from Season 3 of the Courteney Cox comedy.
ABC is pulling back on its commitment to Cougar Town.
The Disney-owned network has cut seven episodes from the third season of its Courteney Cox comedy from Bill Lawrence and Kevin Biegel, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.
The network will now produce 15 episodes of the original 22 that were planned for the comedy's third season, which was previously planned for midseason but was missing from the schedule ABC unveiled Friday.
With rookie comedy Don't Trust the Bitch still on the bench and a midseason lineup featuring the bow of another freshman comedy in Work It, the network already has a heavy roster of half-hours in the can; sources tell THR that the network still very much believes in Cougar Town.
Since bowing in 2009, the series has faced an uphill battle amid a series of scheduling jumps; last season the half-hour was slotted for a spring return after more than two months off the air on a Monday night before continuing in its usual home two days later.
A Season 3 premiere date will likely be announced at January's Television Critics Association's winter press tour.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)