ABC Developing Ashley Tisdale Comedy
"Accidentally on Purpose" scribe David Holden will pen the project that's inspired by the life of the former "High School Musical" star.
Ashley Tisdale is going from the dorms of the CW’s Hellcats to living at home with her father.
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that the former High School Musical star is plotting her return to broadcast television with Under Construction, a multicamera comedy in development at ABC.
From ABC Studios, the project would star Tisdale as a young woman whose independence is put on hold when she is forced to move back home while her father renovates her recently purchased “money pit” along with her life.
Accidentally on Purpose writer David Holden will pen the project and co-executive produce alongside Tisdale and Jessica Rhoades and Relativity’s Tom Forman. Tisdale and Rhoades will exec produce through their Blondie Girl Production shingle.
Warren Littlefield, who also is attached to executive produce ABC’s David Blaine thriller, will also serve as an EP.
Tisdale co-starred on the CW’s primetime cheerleading soap Hellcats last season. Her credits include voicing Candace on Disney Channel’s Phineas and Ferb as well as High School Musical and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game