ABC Eyes Period Musical, Supernatural Procedural
"Make It Or Break It" writers set to pen "The Lockharts"; "The Priest" scribe sells "Haunted" with Jon Turteltaub attached to direct.
ABC has picked up a pair of drama pitches in two very distinct genres.
The network is looking to cash in on the Glee phenomenon with The Lockharts, an hourlong musical drama set in the 1970s from Make It Or Break It scribes Michael Gans and Richard Register.
The musical project, from Castle executive producer Laurie Zaks and ABC Studios, revolves around the Lockharts, a musical family that gets its own televised variety show. While the drama would follow the family’s inner workings, a present-day story line involving the mysterious disappearance of the family’s matriarch.
Meanwhile, National Treasure helmer Jon Turteltaub is attached to direct Haunted, a horror project from The Priest scribe Cory Goodman.
From ABC Studios and Turteltaub’s Junction Entertainment, the supernatural procedural would revolve around Jessica Garrity, a paranormal investigator who helps the living move on from spirits that can’t let go.
Masters of Horror’s Adam Goldworm will produce through his Aperture Entertainment shingle.
ABC also has a 1990s-set musical comedy set up with Jennifer Crittenden and Gabrielle Allan, which would follow an all-girl band trying to reunite. The network Friday also picked up a comedy project starring Reba McIntyre as a single mother who tries to reignite her singing career in Malibu.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR