ABC Family Orders More 'Jane By Design'
The cable network has ordered eight additional episodes of the freshman drama for the summer.
ABC Family has greater designs on its Andie MacDowell and Erica Dasher freshman dramedy.
The youth-skewing cable network has ordered eight additional episodes of its freshman scripted series Jane By Design, a source confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
Created by April Blair, Jane launched in January to decent returns, delivering 1.6 million total viewers at 9 p.m., besting its predecessor The Lying Game in the 9 p.m. slot following returning series Switched at Birth. In its targeted female demographic, Jane was a strong performer, collecting 407,000 in the women 18-34 and 607,000 in the women 18-49 demographics.
The eight-episode order brings its freshman tally to 18 installments, with the series returning in the summer after airing its spring finale next week. Jane will join summer bows Baby Daddy, Bunheads and Beverly Hills Nannies.
The series, which revolves around stylish high school outsider Jane (Dasher) who lands a job working for a powerful fashion designer (MacDowell) after being mistaken for an adult.
The series ranks as February's top scripted program on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. among female teens and women 12-34.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR