ABC Family Musical Adds Producer, Writers (Exclusive)
The film, still in the early stages of development, centers on the character of Harper Hutton, who drinks a mysterious elixir that shaves decades off of her life.
ABC Family's foray into the musical telefilm genre continues to staff up.
The untitled project, a first of its kind for The Disney Channel's sister network, has added both Jaylynn Bailey as a writer and Terry Rossio (Pirates of the Caribbean, National Treasure, Shrek) as a writer/executive producer.
The pair join Debra Martin Chase and Sanaa Hamri, who will direct and executive produce, respectively. Chase and Hamri previously collaborated on such films as Just Wright and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
The film, still in the early stages of development, centers on the character of Harper Hutton, who drinks a mysterious elixir that shaves decades off of her life. Under a spell, she attends the wedding of her estranged daughter in disguise, with the intent of stopping her from marrying a playboy.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws