ABC Family Musical Adds Producer, Writers (Exclusive)
The film, still in the early stages of development, centers on the character of Harper Hutton, who drinks a mysterious elixir that shaves decades off of her life.
ABC Family's foray into the musical telefilm genre continues to staff up.
The untitled project, a first of its kind for The Disney Channel's sister network, has added both Jaylynn Bailey as a writer and Terry Rossio (Pirates of the Caribbean, National Treasure, Shrek) as a writer/executive producer.
The pair join Debra Martin Chase and Sanaa Hamri, who will direct and executive produce, respectively. Chase and Hamri previously collaborated on such films as Just Wright and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
The film, still in the early stages of development, centers on the character of Harper Hutton, who drinks a mysterious elixir that shaves decades off of her life. Under a spell, she attends the wedding of her estranged daughter in disguise, with the intent of stopping her from marrying a playboy.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR