ABC Family Renews 'Baby Daddy' for Third Season
The pickup comes two months ahead of the comedy's second-season premiere.
ABC Family has renewed Baby Daddy for a third season.
The drama starring Jean-Luc Bilodeau, Derek Theler and Tajh Mowry began its first season as the No. 1 new cable show among key female demos last year. Baby Daddy ranks as the cable network's No. 1 comedy series in ABC Family history.
The pickup comes as the multicamera series from Dan Berendsen (The Nine Lives of Chloe King) wraps production on season two and two months before its May 29 return.
"Baby Daddy was an immediate success when it launched. Based on the creative strength we saw during production on season two, and how the episodes, story lines and characters are developing, we decided to double down on this hit show and keep it in production for additional episodes," ABC Family president Michael Riley said in a statement Friday. "We have a great deal of faith that our brilliant creative team and wonderful cast will continue to warm our hearts and make us laugh each week."
The fate of Bunheads has not yet been determined.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR