ABC Family Renews 'Melissa & Joey'
ABC Family has renewed Melissa & Joey for a second season.
The half-hour comedy starring Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence will return in 2012 with new episodes.
“Melissa & Joey have proven to be a comedic powerhouse, with wonderful chemistry that has resonated with viewers in the tradition of great television pairings,” said ABC Family president Michael Riley. “As our focus on comedy continues to develop, we’re delighted to see it return next year as an integral part of the network’s expanding slate of original series.”
Melissa & Joey, which was ABC Family's top comedy launch to date in the key ad-preferred demographics, is currently airing its second half of the first season on Wednesdays at 8 p.m., leading in to rookie entry State of Georgia. The sitcom is executive produced by Hart, Lawrence, Bob Young and David Kendall and Paula Hart.
New series The Lying Game, an hourlong drama based on a Sara Shepard book, will premiere Aug. 15 on the cable network.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws