ABC Family's 'The Fosters' Casts Key Recurring Role (Exclusive)
Newcomer Bianca Santos has joined the one-hour drama debuting in June.
ABC Family's The Fosters is adding a recurring player.
Newcomer Bianca Santos has joined the upcoming family drama from executive producer Jennifer Lopez following two moms and their multi-ethnic family, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The Fosters is a break for Santos, who only has two credits to her name, including TV comedy Channing. On the one-hour drama from co-creators Bradley Bredeweg and Peter Paige, she will recur in the key role of Lexi, the best friend to fraternal twin Mariana Foster (Cierra Ramirez).
Production began on Friday in Burbank, with pilot director Tim Busfield helming.
Teri Polo, Sherri Saum, Jake T. Austin, Hayden Byerly, David Lambert, Maia Mitchell and Danny Nucci star in The Fosters. Benny Medina, Joanna Johnson, Blaine Goldsmith Thomas, Elaine Goldsmith Thomas and Greg Gugliotta will serve as executive producers along with Lopez on the Nuyorican Productions/Prodco series.
Santos is repped by Luber Roklin Entertainment.
The Fosters debuts at 9 p.m. June 3 on ABC Family.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)