ABC Gives Name and Cast to Celebrity Diving Series
"Baywatch" star Nicole Eggert, pageant star Katherine Webb and "Chelsea Lately's" Chuy Bravo are among the first eight announced for "Splash."
After a few telling leaked photos from a commercial shoot earlier in January, ABC has confirmed most of the cast of its upcoming celebrity diving series. It's also given the series a new name.
Splash, which premieres Tuesday, March 19, will feature 10 famous faces climbing the 10-meter high dive, pairing up for synchronized stunts and trying different aquatic maneuvers until one is crowned the victor.
Following the news of trainer and judge Greg Louganis' addition to the series, the network announced Friday that comedian Louie Anderson, actor Drake Bell, Chelsea Lately sidekick Chuy Bravo, Baywatch alum Nicole Eggert, Cosby Show star Keshia Knight Pulliam, Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh and reality star Kendra Wilkinson also are on board.
Perhaps most notably, the show also has tapped Miss USA competitor Katherine Webb, who grabbed national attention when ESPN commentator Brent Musburger spoke about her beauty during boyfriend and Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron's BCS National Championship Game appearance.
Two additional competitors will be announced closer to the premiere date.
Splash comes on the heels of a similar Fox special, Stars in Danger: The High Dive. That debuted Jan. 9 to lackluster ratings, pulling just 3.4 million viewers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR