ABC Gives Series Order to Paranormal Drama 'Weird Desk' for Summer
The 13-episode series will join scripted soap "Mistresses" on the summer schedule.
ABC has given a straight-to-series order for a paranormal drama to join its summer schedule.
With Mistresses also debuting in the summer months, the network is adding the 13-episode hourlong investigative series Weird Desk from Stargate's Carl Binder and The Librarian's David Titcher, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Tom Mazza and Maggie Murphy will executive produce.
The drama follows a clandestine organization whose members work above the levels of top-secret and above the office of the president and is the destination for mysterious intelligence from the CIA and NSA. Tasked with investigating and solving occurrences of the paranormal, supernatural and sometimes extra-terrestrial, Weird Desk is led by Morgan, an obstinate, socially inept and brilliant man who would now be dead if it weren't for his special forces trained partner, Rosetta.
Weird Desk is produced by Shaftesbury and distributed by ABC Studios.
ABC's latest scripted series order adds to the bevy of originals the networks will be launching later this year, including CBS' recent pickup of Stephen King's Under the Dome adaptation, after the usual summer unscripted fare have seen downturns in performance.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR