ABC Buys Projects From 'Mad Men,' 'Judging Amy' Scribes
Dahvi Waller sets multigenerational family drama, while Barbara Hall will explore smart vs. pretty.
As development season winds down, ABC has picked up a of projects written by Mad Men and Judging Amy scribes.
The network has given a script commitment to Mad Men writer-producer Dahvi Waller’s (Desperate Housewives, Eli Stone) The Stewarts. The multigenerational hourlong project revolves around an influential family and the various staff that supports them.
From Warner Bros. Television, Waller will write and executive produce.
The network has also picked up an untitled project from Judging Amy writer Barbara Hall (Joan of Arcadia) described as a romantic comedy revolving around a female genius who explores the age-old question of smart vs. pretty.
From ABC Studios and Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Hall will write and executive produce the project alongside Brillstein television topper JoAnn Alfano.
Hall is repped by UTA and managed by Brillstein.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR