ABC News Earns Five Edward R. Murrow Awards
NBC News takes home the award for overall excellence for the fourth time.
ABC News earned five Edward R. Morrow Awards including awards for breaking news (for reporting on the assassination of Osama bin Laden), continuing coverage (for following the Gabby Giffords story including Diane Sawyer’s 20/20 interview with the Congresswoman) and hard news (for David Muir’s report on famine in Somalia).
NBC News also won five Murrows with awards going to NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, CNBC’s documentary about the American prison system, and a writing award for Today’s American Story with Bob Dotson. NBC News also will take home the overall excellence award for the fourth consecutive year.
CBS News earned the overall excellence award in the radio category, for the sixth consecutive time. And CBS News earned awards for investigative reporting for Sharyl Attkisson, Chris Scholl and Bill Piersol’s Evening News report on the ATF’s botched firearm’s monitoring program. 60 Minutes also earned a feature reporting award for Anderson Cooper, Andy Court and Anya Bourg’s report on endangered ocean reefs.
The Edward R. Murrow Awards – which recognize excellence across the news landscape including TV, radio and digital – will be handed out by the Radio Television Digital News Association Oct. 8 in New York.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR