'Angel' Star Amy Acker Lands Guest Role on 'Once Upon a Time'
The actress is making the rounds of the fairy tale series with another guest role on an upcoming episode of NBC's "Grimm."
After recently landing a guest role on NBC’s Grimm, one of my favorite Angel alums has signed on for another fairy tale series.
She’ll play a potential love interest to Lee Arenberg’s character Leroy/Grumpy. Yes, she’ll be playing the dual role of Astrid in the “modern” world of Storybrooke and Nova in the fairy tale world in a late-winter episode. That may put a smile on Grumpy’s face when the series explores his back-story.
So, Amy Acker fans will be able to see her in two different fairy tale series this season. She's guest starring on an early February episode of Grimm as the dangerous -- possibly misunderstood – Black Widow.
“She plays a beautiful woman who has a few problems,” Grimm EP David Greenwalt, who also co-created Angel with Joss Whedon, tells THR. “And I don’t want to give away too much of the story, but she has an issue with men that has to be worked out. And it’s a kind of a life and death issue.”
Acker played Winifred aka Fred on Angel from 2001 to 2004. She has also starred on the television series Happy Town, Dollhouse, and Alias.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack