ABC Picks Up Comedy Project From 'Easy A's' Will Gluck
After a bidding war, the network lands the Casey Wilson and June Raphael-penned effort.
ABC has landed a comedy project from Easy A’s Will Gluck.
The single-camera comedy, titled Walk of Shame, is based on a group of New York-based friends in their twenties. The project hails from Sony Pictures Television and had interest from multiple networks.
Casey Wilson and June Raphael (Saturday Night Live) are attached to pen the project, with the pair plus Gluck also receiving executive producer credits. Feature film producer Paul Schiff (Rushmore) and Tai Duncan originated the project and brought it to The Collective's Jason Shapiro. The effort marks Schiff's first TV series after producing more than 30 features.
The deal comes two weeks after NBC picked up a mocumentary-style comedy set at an elementary school from Gluck’s Sony-based shingle.
Gluck inked a two-year TV and feature development deal in May with Sony. The helmer’s half-hour comedy pilot Iceland failed to get a series order from Fox in May.
His recent big-screen work has included Friends With Benefits, starring Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis, which grossed $74 million this year for Sony off-shoot Screen Gems.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR