ABC Now Playing 'The Exit List'

Following news that ABC is developing drama series based on The Lincoln Lawyer and The Nanny Diaries, the network on Wednesday ordered a pilot for a game show from former Who Wants to Be a Millionaire executive producer Michael Davies.

As first reported by TV Guide, The Exit List is being produced by Sony Pictures Television with Davies’ Embassy Row, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Exit List will follow contestants traveling through a maze, responding to multiple-choice questions. The further they make it through the maze – which features rooms filled with money – the more they make. In order to collect the price, however, contestants must remember what they learned along the way as they find their way out.

The project is based on a Dutch format from David Grifhorst and is in development in at least one other territory.

Davies first put ABC on the map with reality with Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? which was a ratings breakout for the network when the Regis Philbin-hosted game show premiered in August 1999.

Davies is currently riding a high note as executive producer of Oxygen’s The Glee Project, which continues to increase its viewership in making a case for a second season.

STORY: ‘The Glee Project’: Season 2 ‘Talks Have Begun’

“A lot of the planning is starting to happen, how we’re going to do the casting process, which is the biggest thing,” Davies said last week at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour in Beverly Hills.

“I feel incredibly confident that we’re coming back,” Davies said of the series whose winner will receive a seven-episode arc on Fox’s Glee. “This is certainly in my plans for next year.”

Davies was the former head of ABC’s reality TV division when he developed Millionaire to the network. He also serves as executive producer on Wife Swap.

Exit List will film its pilot in September in New York.

Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit

comments powered by Disqus