ABC Removes Aurora Reference in Drama Pilot 'The Returned'
The original logline in the drama from "Criminal Minds' " Aaron Zelman has been changed to Arcadia.
ABC has tweaked the logline for its newly ordered drama pilot The Returned to remove references to the city at the center: Aurora.
In the drama from Criminal Minds' Aaron Zelman, The Returned looks at what happens when the people you have mourned and buried suddenly appear on your doorstep as if not a day has gone by. The original logline said the story revolved around "the lives of the people of Aurora" that are forever changed when their deceased loved ones return.
The location in the pilot script dated Jan. 15 referenced Aurora, Mo. -- clearly not Aurora, Colo., where 12 people were killed and 70 injured after a shooting during a July 2012 screening of The Dark Knight Rises.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the pilot's logline has been changed to remove any questions over the parallels to the deadly shooting and will now revolve around the lives of the people in Arcadia.
ABC ordered the drama pilot, executive produced by ABC Studios, Brillstein Entertainment and Brad Pitt's Plan B, on Tuesday.
The Cinemark theater where the rampage occurred reopened Jan. 18, six months after the tragedy.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR