ABC Renews 'Motive' for Summer 2014 Return
The Canadian drama, already renewed on CTV, returns to the U.S. net alongside previously ordered offseason dramas "Rookie Blue" and "Mistresses."
ABC is sticking with its scripted acquisition Motive.
The Canadian procedural starring Lauren Holly and Kristin Lehman will return to the network's summer lineup alongside already renewed Rookie Blue and Mistresses.
Motive was previously renewed by Canada's CTV, which will air it early in 2014. Production on the series from Foundation Features and Lark Productions recently resumed in Vancouver, B.C.
This past summer, Motive joined Rookie Blue and NBC's Crossing Lines as one of several International scripted efforts on the schedule.
In the ratings, the series averaged a reasonable 1.2 among adults 18-49 -- just shy of its Rookie Blue lead-out.
Motive was created by writer-producer Daniel Cerone (Dexter, Dirty Sexy Money, The Mentalist) -- and, in addition to Holly and Lehman, stars Louis Ferreira, Brendan Penny, Roger Cross and Cameron Bright.
Since its CTV pickup, actors Warren Christie and Valerie Tian have been announced as new additions to the cast.
- Power of Pitbull: 'Timber' Rapper Reveals Plan to Become Next Billion-Dollar Brand
- After Oscar, What Happens to Lupita Nyong'o?
- 'The Walking Dead' Finale: Complete Coverage
- Chelsea Handler to End E! Show, Manager Says (Exclusive)
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR