ABC Renews 'Rookie Blue' for Fourth Season
The drama starring Missy Peregrym and Gregory Smith ranks as the top series in 18-49 in its Thursday at 10 p.m. slot so far this summer.
ABC wants more Rookie Blue.
The summer drama starring Missy Peregrym and Gregory Smith has gotten an early fourth-season renewal, ABC announced Tuesday.
The drama, a co-production from ICF Film Inc and Entertainment One, revolves around a group of five rookie cops -- now in their third year on the job -- as they navigate life on the beat.
Thus far this season, Rookie Blue is the No. 1 series among the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic in its home on Thursdays at 10 p.m. and up 4 percent year-over-year in the period.
The series' May 24 return was up 5 percent vs. its second season premiere and scored its most-watched telecast since August. Season 4 is in development and will begin production in Toronto later this summer.
Tassie Cameron, Ilana Frank, David Wellington and John Morayniss serve as exec producers.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)