'Revenge' Star Emily VanCamp Previews the Season's Momentum Shift and the Love Triangle
The actress tells THR what we can expect going forward on the ABC thriller.
Fans could feel that things just got very dire on ABC’s Revenge.
On the last episode, Emily’s plan took a deadly turn when it looked as if Victoria Grayson’s (Madeleine Stowe) security thug killed her husband’s mistress, Lydia Davis (Amber Valletta), which wasn't part of Emily's plan. Star Emily VanCamp says that murder isn’t the end goal for her character.
“I think in a sense there’s a moral code. She’s not out to kill anyone,” VanCamp tells The Hollywood Reporter. “She’s out to destroy these people’s lives and watch them suffer as she suffered.”
“If she’s threatened, I think she’ll certainly fall back on those tools she has accumulated over the years,” she continues. “But, she’s not in the business of killing these people. She wants them to pay and suffer in various ways.”
On Wednesday’s episode, Emily and Nolan (Gabriel Mann) have to deal with the fallout (excuse the pun) of the attack on Lydia and the actress says the episode will represent a shift in the series. Emily has served up pretty much a takedown on each episode so far, but that will begin to change.
“Episode 6 is just killer,” she tells THR excitedly. “When I was reading the script, I was texting [creator Mike Kelley] saying I need to know what happens next. It’s so good. We have a blast with it. After that, the series starts to slow down and becomes sort of a bigger arc for all the characters.”
She also hints that the love triangle will become more intense. Emily’s relationship with Daniel Grayson (Josh Bowman) really heated up on the last episode, but VanCamp says we shouldn’t count Jack Porter (Nick Wechsler) out.
“They’re two very, very different men,” she says. “With Jack, he’s the one link to her past that still exists and holds fond memories. At first, she’s cautious of him, but ultimately, you can’t help how you feel. She’s still a young woman even though she has all these issues, let’s be honest. She still feels. This love triangle is going to be a really tricky one, but a good one.”
“I’m kind of a lucky gal, look at these guys,” she laughs. “Sucks to be me.”
Revenge airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. on ABC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)