ABC's 'Betrayal' Adds D.B. Sweeney (Exclusive)
The freshman drama starring "Boss" alum Hannah Ware has recruited the actor in a recurring role.
ABC's freshman drama Betrayal is adding a familiar face to its ranks.
D.B. Sweeney has boarded the drama from ER's David Zabel, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The series revolves around a beautiful but unhappily married female photographer (Boss' Hannah Ware) who begins a torrid affair with a lawyer for a powerful family. When he turns out to be defending a murder suspect who is being prosecuted by her husband (Chris Johnson), the relationship and the case begin a spiraling series of betrayals with cataclysmic results for everyone involved.
Sweeney (Touch, Castle, The Event) will have a recurring role as Richard Goss, the ambitious, intense and formidable new director of the criminal division of the state attorney's office. He'll first appear in the sixth episode of the series.
Sweeney, whose credits also include The Cutting Edge, joins a cast that also includes Stuart Townsend, James Cromwell, Henry Thomas, Wendy Moniz, Elizabeth McLaughlin and Braeden Lemasters.
Betrayal, one of a rapidly growing slate that puts adultery and forbidden love front and center,joins ABC's Sunday night lineup starting Sept. 29 at 10 p.m.
Sweeney is repped by DBA and Rain Management Group.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10