ABC's 'Wipeout' Renewed for Seventh Season
The network has picked up the reality competition series for another run, with a new season-ending tournament.
ABC has renewed Wipeout.
The reality competition series will return for a seventh season with a slight format tweak, the network announced Wednesday.
In the new season, winners will return at the end of the run for a Tournament of Champions, where they will compete for the title of Ultimate Wipeout Champion. The season will continue to feature themed episodes, including a chance to win a date with Jill Wagner and "Boss and Employee."
"We are always looking for ways to keep the show fresh and exciting. This year, we are amping up the competition with a season-long tournament of champions, with the winner from each episode returning to compete against the other winners in an epic battle for the title of Wipeout Champion," said Matt Kunitz, creator and executive producer.
Wipeout is hosted by John Anderson (ESPN's SportsCenter), John Henson (E!'s Talk Soup) and co-hosted by Wagner (MTV's Teen Wolf).
Wipeout, produced by Endemol USA, is executive produced by Kunitz, Scott Larsen, Trice Barto, J. Rupert Thompson and Kevin Wehrenberg.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR