A&E's 'Bates Motel' Adds Max Thieriot as Norman's Brother
The "Kit Kittredge" co-star will play Freddie Highmore's older James Dean-like big brother, Dylan, in the network's "Psycho" prequel.
A&E's Bates Motel has given Norman Bates an older brother.
Kit Kittredge: An American Girl alum Max Thieriot has joined the network's Psycho prequel playing the older brother to the budding psychopath, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
From Lost's Carlton Cuse and Friday Night Lights' Kerry Ehrin, Bates Motel will explore Norman's relationship with his mother, Norma and offer a look at his backstory that helped forge the infamous serial killer.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's Freddie Highmore will play the young Norman, while Academy Award nominee Vera Farmiga will play his mother, Norma. Thieriot will play Dylan, Norma's oldest son and the big brother to Norman who is described as a petulant and rebellious James Dean-type.
Thieriot, repped by Gersh, Viewpoint and McKuin Frankel, most recently starred in ABC's untitled Roland Emmerich drama as an astrophysics grad student who learns he's the chosen one to destroy the forces of evil. ABC passed on the project in May.
Bates Motel, which bypassed the traditional pilot stage and was ordered straight to series, will premiere next year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR