Aisha Tyler to Co-Host CBS' 'The Talk'
The actress-comedian will join Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne and Sheryl Underwood on the daytime show starting Monday.
Aisha Tyler has joined CBS' daytime show The Talk.
The actress-comedian will serve as a co-host alongside Julie Chen, show co-creator Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne and Sheryl Underwood, starting Monday.
Tyler becomes the second new co-host on the show, following Underwood, who joined the talker for its second season, which premiered Sept. 6. Her casting came on the heels of the recent departures of Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete. Original co-host Marissa Jaret Winokur also exited early this year.
Meanwhile, Osbourne announced in July that she’d be taking a break from The Talk to spend more time with her husband, Ozzy Osbourne, who will be wrapping up an 18-month-long tour.
Tyler, who currently voices a role in FX's animated series Archer, is no stranger to hosting. She has served as guest host on The Talk, CBS' Late Late Show and E!'s Talk Soup and shot a talk show pilot for ABC two years ago.
She also recently wrapped shooting the Canadian action-thriller series XIII opposite Stuart Townsend, which will debut later this year. Her other credits include roles on Ghost Whisperer, CSI, 24 and Friends.
Tyler also released a book, Swerve: Reckless Observations of a Post-Modern Girl, in 2004 and starred in her own Comedy Central special, Aisha Tyler Is Lit: Live at the Fillmore, in 2009.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR