Al Roker: 'I Pooped My Pants' at White House (Video)
The veteran TV weatherman tells "Dateline" that he encountered some serious bowel problems shortly after gastric bypass surgery in 2002.
Al Roker is nothing if not honest.
The Today show meteorologist and Weather Channel host appeared on Dateline on Sunday night to promote his new memoir, Never Going Back. A good portion of the book focuses on his massive, 140-pound weight loss, which was aided by gastric bypass surgery in March 2002 and became the topic of discussion on the NBC news show.
It was a month after the surgery -- which restructures one's digestive system -- that Roker was attending an event at George W. Bush's White House. As he told Dateline, a misunderstanding with his own body caused a bit of a ... stink.
"I probably went off and ate something I wasn't supposed to," Roker calmly explained. "And as I'm walking to the press room, [I'm thinking] well, I gotta pass a little gas here. I'm walking by myself. Who's gonna know? Only a little something extra came out. I pooped my pants."
At that point, Roker threw out his underwear, "going commando" the rest of the day. Presumably, he kept the incident secret -- until now.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR