Alec Baldwin Confirms He Will Stay With '30 Rock' Through Season 7
The actor told reporters Monday that he will remain with the NBC sitcom for another year, which is likely to be the show’s last.
30 Rock’s days may be numbered, but Jack Donaghy is staying committed.
Silencing speculation that he could be exiting the hit NBC series early, Alec Baldwin told the Washington Press Corps on Monday that he will continue to star on 30 Rock through the show’s upcoming seventh season -- which he also said will be the series’ last.
Baldwin made the announcement while speaking at the National Press Club, where he was lobbying for the nonprofit Americans for the Arts. Baldwin is scheduled to hit Capitol Hill on Tuesday in an effort to encourage Congress to increase arts funding. No stranger to politics himself, Baldwin last year expressed interest in running for Congress -- but for now, he’s sticking with acting.
Baldwin officially signed on for the show’s next season earlier this spring, but many wondered if he would bail. Baldwin recently tweeted, “I think I’m leaving NBC just in time,” upon finding multiple Today trucks parked outside his Manhattan apartment. Back in 2009, Baldwin declared that he planned to quit acting in 2012.
Later this month, 30 Rock will stage a second live episode, having first done so in October 2010. The show’s seventh season is expected to bow in the fall.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR