Alec Baldwin Addresses Photographer Scuffle on 'Late Show' (Video)
During his appearance on Wednesday's Letterman, the embattled actor denied throwing any punches in a tabloid-ready encounter with the New York Daily News' Marcus Santos.
While his angry face was splashed across the cover of the New York Daily News, showcasing his allegedly violent clash with a photographer from the paper (see the front page headline: "30 Rocky"), Alec Baldwin candidly addressed his latest tabloid controversy during Wednesday's Late Show With David Letterman.
The day before, the mercurial 54-year-old actor made headlines when he scuffled with photographer Marcus Santos outside the Marriage License Bureau in Manhattan. The Daily News reported that Baldwin clocked Santos in the face after he obtained a license to wed his fiancee, yoga instructor Hilaria Thomas.
"He's very masterful at getting really close to you with the camera. ... They want you to react. No one got punched by the way," Baldwin told Letterman, who agreed he was "unnecessarily provoked."
"I kinda pushed him out of the way because he almost hit me in the face with the camera," he said. "Had I punched him, I'd be in jail. Then I would have pressed charges against him for assault. Then we would both be in the jail cell together. And you don't want to know what would happen in the jail cell, if we were together in the jail cell."
After Tuesday's encounter, Santos said he filed an assault complaint with the NYPD against the actor.
"I knew he was going to attack me," he recalled. "I stepped back, and he kept coming. He comes after me, starts shoving and punching me -- one time, right in the chin. And then he started shoving me, and pushing me. Then he goes the other way."
Later Wednesday, Baldwin was in good spirits as he escorted Thomas to THR and Cinema Society's premiere of his latest film, the Woody Allen-directed To Rome With Love, at New York's Paris Theater.
Watch a clip of Baldwin reacting to his appearance on the Daily News' front page.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'