Alison Brie Addresses Her Nudist College Experience on Conan O'Brien's Show (Video)
The "Community" actress opens up about her exhibitionist past as a "naked monkey."
Alison Brie is known for playing prudish characters on TV, but in real life, she's far more adventurous.
The actress, who stars on NBC's Community and AMC's Mad Men, revealed her exhibitionist past during her appearance Thursday on Conan O'Brien's talk show. Brie attended the California Institute of the Arts, which has had a lax attitude toward public nudity.
"It's wonderful, I got a great education there. It's also very liberal -- and the time that I was there it was especially liberal, in ways like, clothing is optional everywhere except the cafeteria," she said. "Which I think is a really good policy. Because the last thing you want at the salad bar is, like, testicles."
While O'Brien recoiled at the idea of taking his clothes off, Brie said she embraced it as an undergrad.
"Every now and then I would just throw on my tennies and take a jaunt ... not all the time, just once in a while, to exercise my right!" she declared.
Brie added: "If my roommate was having a bad day and I wanted to make her laugh to feel better, I would sort of pretend like I was going to go take a shower but then I would sneak outside and hang from the tree outside our window. Like a monkey. Like a naked monkey."
(For more of Brie's amusing college stories, check out a 2010 column she wrote for Nerve where she talks about a sexual experience with her gay friend.)
Watch her revealing Conan interview below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10