'The Amazing Race': CBS Orders 20th Cycle
The Phil Keoghan-hosted reality competition series will return in the fall and spring 2012 for cycles 19 and 20.
CBS’ Emmy darling The Amazing Race will return for a 20th cycle.
The network announced Thursday that the seven-time Emmy-winning reality series will return for its 19th installment this fall, with its 20th run set for spring 2012.
Hosted by Phil Keoghan, Race completed its 18th edition in May, which saw sisters LaKisha Hoffman and Jennifer Hoffman top Harlem Globetrotters Herb Lang and Nate Lofton.
During Race’s past two editions, the reality competition series averaged 11.19 million viewers with a 3.4/9 in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic.
Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Elise Doganieri and Mark Vertullo executive produce for Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Earthview, in association with ABC Studios and Amazing Race Productions. Van Munster and Doganieri created the series.
The 19th edition returns this fall on Sundays at 8 p.m. on CBS.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)