'Amazing Race' Season 22 Winners Revealed
The champions -- who take home a $1 million prize -- were crowned in Sunday night's episode.
The Amazing Race has crowned its season 22 champs.
[Warning: Spoiler alert!]
Hockey brothers Bates and Anthony Battaglia were named the winners of the $1 million prize in Sunday night's season finale of the CBS reality competition -- and it wasn't even close.
The brothers -- who had dominated much of the competition -- beat out newlyweds Max and Katie Bichler and roller-derby moms Mona Egender and Beth Bandimere for the win, with the final leg taking place in Washington, D.C.
"I can't remember the last time I felt like this," Bates told host Phil Keoghan at the finish line after learning he and his brother had won.
The Bichlers came in second, with Egender and Bandimere in third.
In Washington, the teams posed for a picture with "President Obama" (their images were superimposed on a picture with him at a souvenir shop); took part in a spy-themed hunt for a briefcase that held their next clue; and ziplined/threw baseballs in National Park while one teammate tried to catch the ball while dressed as a mascot.
In the final challenge, one team member was forced to search a pit of Earth-themed beach balls to ones where the countries they visited had been circled. The other team member then had to put in those in the order they had traveled to them. The hockey brothers finished the challenge before the other two teams even arrived.
Country singers Caroline Cutbirth and Jennifer Kuhle were previously eliminated in the 11th (and penultimate) leg the race, as seen in the first hour of Sunday's two-hour episode. That leg took the teams to Ireland, where they were required to go bog snorkling and choose between serving a Titanic-inspired five-course meal or creating graffiti art. But the singers struggled to find one of the locations where they needed to pick up a clue.
The Hollywood Reporter will post interviews with the final four teams Monday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'