'Amazing Race' Season 23 Winners Revealed
The champions take home a $1 million prize.
[Warning: Spoilers ahead if you haven't seen Sunday night's finale.]
The Amazing Race has crowned a new winner.
Dating duo Jason Case, 33, and Amy Diaz, 29, were named the winners of the $1 million prize on the 23rd season of CBS' reality competition. As host Phil Keoghan noted, they had six second-place finishes throughout the season and finally came in first place when it mattered the most.
They beat out exes Tim Sweeney, 32, and Marie "Reebs" Mazzocchi, 29, and married ER doctors Travis Jasper, 43, and Nicole Jasper, 39, for the crown.
The final leg saw the teams trekking to Alaska, where their challenges included simulating a supply drop from a small plane, picking through ice to find a clue and kayaking. The final task found them building a wall of totem poles using the first letter of the currency from all the countries they'd visited.
Fourth-place finishers (and cousins) Leo Temory, 26, and Jamal Zadran, 26 -- aka the "Afghanimals" -- were eliminated in the first half of the two-hour finale.
Eleven teams started out in the race for the $1 million prize this season, which took competitors to four continents and nine countries, spanning more than 35,000 miles.
Challenges called for them to paraglide over Iquique, Chile, subject themselves to a freezing water plunge in Norway and take part in Formula One Racing in Abu Dhabi.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR