AMC Announces Premiere Date for 'Hell on Wheels'
The new drama will begin airing Sunday, Nov. 6 at 10 p.m.
AMC's upcoming drama Hell on Wheels has a premiere date.
The network announced that the Western starring Anson Mount, Common and Colm Meaney will begin airing on Sunday, Nov. 6 at 10 p.m. Ben Esler, Philip Burke and Eddie Spears co-star in the Joe and Tony Gayton-created drama.
Hell on Wheels, set in post-Civil War America, examines the struggles and hardships of rebuilding and repairing the country after the war. The series revolves around Confederate soldier Cullen Bohannon (Mount), who seeks revenge for the death of his wife.
“Since Broken Trail, AMC has looked for the next expression of an original Western series. Hell on Wheels is an incredibly powerful story that captures the intensity and inspiration of the American West at a time when nothing less than the future of the nation was at stake," said Joel Stillerman, senior vice president of original programming, production and digital content at AMC.
Jeremy Gold, John Shiban and David Von Ancken will exeutive produce with the Gaytons. Co-executive producing the series is Paul Kurta.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR