AMC Announces Premiere Date for 'Hell on Wheels'
The new drama will begin airing Sunday, Nov. 6 at 10 p.m.
AMC's upcoming drama Hell on Wheels has a premiere date.
The network announced that the Western starring Anson Mount, Common and Colm Meaney will begin airing on Sunday, Nov. 6 at 10 p.m. Ben Esler, Philip Burke and Eddie Spears co-star in the Joe and Tony Gayton-created drama.
Hell on Wheels, set in post-Civil War America, examines the struggles and hardships of rebuilding and repairing the country after the war. The series revolves around Confederate soldier Cullen Bohannon (Mount), who seeks revenge for the death of his wife.
“Since Broken Trail, AMC has looked for the next expression of an original Western series. Hell on Wheels is an incredibly powerful story that captures the intensity and inspiration of the American West at a time when nothing less than the future of the nation was at stake," said Joel Stillerman, senior vice president of original programming, production and digital content at AMC.
Jeremy Gold, John Shiban and David Von Ancken will exeutive produce with the Gaytons. Co-executive producing the series is Paul Kurta.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack