AMC to Preview 'The Walking Dead' Season 3 During July Marathon
The first look scene, and TV premiere of the black-and-white pilot episode will run July 7-8, wrapping up with a "Talking Dead" live primetime special featuring the first scenes from the third season.
Walking Dead fans, mark your calendars for July 7-8.
AMC has set a marathon of all 19 episodes from the first two seasons of the zombie drama, culminating with a live episode of Talking Dead, where the first scene of the third season will debut.
As part of the 19-episode marathon, the cable network will air for the first time a black-and-white version of the pilot episode of the series based on the comics created by Robert Kirkman.
Episodes of the Andrew Lincoln-starrer will begin at 11:30 a.m. each day and comes just a week before the undead head to San Diego Comic-Con. The Chris Hardwick-hosted Talking Dead primetime special will air live Sunday, July 8 at 9 p.m., followed by the black-and-white pilot episode at 10 p.m.
Hardwick will also introduce each episode of the series with cast members on location in Atlanta, where production on Season 3 is under way, offering viewers a preview of the third-year locations -- including the prison glimpsed at the end of the bloody Season 2 finale.
The hourlong Talking Dead, filmed live in Los Angeles, will also feature interviews with the cast and executive producers, in addition to yet-to-be-named celebrity guests.
Thus far, AMC has only released behind-the-scenes footage of Season 3, promising more new cast members in addition to Michonne (Danai Gurira) and The Governor (David Morrissey).
What do you want to see in Season 3? The Walking Dead returns in October.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10