AMC's 'Mob Week' Features 'The Godfather,' 'Scarface' and More
Rudy Giuliani will host the cable channel's inaugural themed week of gangster flicks and mob-related documentaries.
AMC is getting into the mob business.
The cable channel best known for critically acclaimed series including Mad Men and Breaking Bad is set to roll out its first annual "mob week," hosted by former New York City Mayor and, as AMC puts it, "real life mob buster, Rudy Giuliani."
The themed week, August 1 through 7, will feature such gangster classics as The Godfather, Scarface and Donnie Brasco. The 130 hours of programming will also include short form documentary segments that address the history and impact of the Mafia. Interviews with mob experts as well as some of the most notorious personalities, including Henry Hill, Johnny Fratto and Sam Gianccana Jr.
For his part, Giuliani will be intermittently featured throughout the week, discussing his love for the films as well as experiences fighting the mob.
The complete schedule:
The Godfather, August 1, 8 pm
The Godfather Part Two, August 2, 8 pm
The Untouchables, August 3, 8 pm
Carlito’s Way, August 3, 10:45pm
Scarface, August 4, 8 pm
Donnie Brasco, August 5, 8 pm
Goodfellas, August 6, 8 pm
Pulp Fiction, August 7, 7pm
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10