AMC's 'Mob Week' Features 'The Godfather,' 'Scarface' and More
Rudy Giuliani will host the cable channel's inaugural themed week of gangster flicks and mob-related documentaries.
AMC is getting into the mob business.
The cable channel best known for critically acclaimed series including Mad Men and Breaking Bad is set to roll out its first annual "mob week," hosted by former New York City Mayor and, as AMC puts it, "real life mob buster, Rudy Giuliani."
The themed week, August 1 through 7, will feature such gangster classics as The Godfather, Scarface and Donnie Brasco. The 130 hours of programming will also include short form documentary segments that address the history and impact of the Mafia. Interviews with mob experts as well as some of the most notorious personalities, including Henry Hill, Johnny Fratto and Sam Gianccana Jr.
For his part, Giuliani will be intermittently featured throughout the week, discussing his love for the films as well as experiences fighting the mob.
The complete schedule:
The Godfather, August 1, 8 pm
The Godfather Part Two, August 2, 8 pm
The Untouchables, August 3, 8 pm
Carlito’s Way, August 3, 10:45pm
Scarface, August 4, 8 pm
Donnie Brasco, August 5, 8 pm
Goodfellas, August 6, 8 pm
Pulp Fiction, August 7, 7pm
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)