'American Horror Story': 'Deadwood's' Ian McShane Checks in to 'Asylum'
He'll "tussle" with Emmy winner Jessica Lange on the second season of the FX anthology.
American Horror Story has booked Emmy nominee Ian McShane for its rebooted second season.
The Deadwood alum has joined the sprawling cast of Asylum, the new story from Glee's Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk.
Co-creator Murphy announced the news via Twitter, noting that his character would "tussle" with returning AHS Emmy winner Jessica Lange's Sister Jude. McShane will appear in two episodes of the series. Specific details on who he'll play are being kept under wraps.
"Guess who's coming to #AmericanHorrorStory Asylum to tussle with Jessica Lange? Legendary Golden Globe winner Ian McShane!" he posted Wednesday, the same day the first five minutes of the creepy second season debuted online.
In addition to his Emmy-nominated role in Deadwood, McShane's credits include his Golden Globe nominated turn in the miniseries The Pillars of the Earth as well as Kings. On the big screen, he played Blackbeard in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
McShane joins an all-star cast that features James Cromwell, Sarah Paulson, Zachary Quinto, Joseph Fiennes, Chloe Sevigny and Adam Levine, among others.
He's repped by ICM Partners and Gallant Management.
American Horror Story: Asylum premieres Wednesday, Oct. 17 at 10 p.m. on FX.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR