TV Ratings: 'American Idol' Results Show Down, 'Awake' Drops in Second Week
Fox and CBS tie for the Thursday victory; "The Finder" and "Parks & Recreation" see the biggest jumps.
American Idol's top 13 results show (17 million total viewers, 4.8 rating in adults 18-49 demographic) was Thursday's most-watched program, but compared to last week's finalists' reveal, Fox's reality competition series dropped 11 percent. In the first half-hour at 8 p.m., however, Idol was topped in the demo by CBS' The Big Bang Theory (4.5 vs. 5.1).
The Finder (7.3 million, 2.3) rose 15 percent from two weeks ago and the Bones spinoff posted its second biggest audience thus far. The Finder ranked second in its time slot, following the CBS comedies.
CBS' The Big Bang Theory (15.2 million, 5.1) dropped 4 percent from its last original, but was still the night's highest-rated series on broadcast. Person of Interest (15.8 million, 3.4) and The Mentalist (13.8 million, 2.8) -- the latter airing an original episode on Friday -- both improved 10 and 8 percent, respectively. Person of Interest posted series highs in total viewers and all key demos as it moves through the second half of its first season.
NBC's comedy block, for the most part, improved from the previous week, the exception being a steady 30 Rock (3.5 million, 1.4). Parks & Recreation (3.8 million, 1.9), The Office (5 million, 2.6) and Up All Night (3.5 million, 1.7) all rose, with Parks & Recreation seeing the biggest jump at 12 percent -- and matching its highest demo rating since mid-November. Next week sees the return of Community and some shifts in the two-hour block. Rookie midseason entry Awake (4.3 million, 1.6) saw a steep 20 percent plunge in its second week at 10 p.m.
Fox and CBS tied for the ratings victory in the adults 18-49 demographic, with CBS also drawing the most viewers during primetime.
ABC and the CW aired repeats.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack