'The Americans' Adds Margo Martindale for 8-Episode Arc
Confirmed to appear in the bulk of the freshman season, the Emmy-winning "Justified" actress returns to FX.
FX is adding another American.
The network's upcoming spy drama, which recently announced a Jan. 30 premiere date, has cast Margo Martindale for a minimum of eight episodes.
Martindale comes to The Americans after an award-winning turn on another FX series, Justified, where she took home the 2010 Emmy for best supporting actress in a drama series.
Like stars Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys, Martindale will play a Russian spy living stateside. Her character, Claudia, serves as a liaison between the KGB and central spies Phillip (Rhys) and Elizabeth (Russell).
Created and executive produced by Joe Weisberg (Falling Skies), The Americans is a Cold War period drama about KGB spies posing as Americans the Washington, D.C., suburbs. It recently started production on the 13-episode season after the pilot was ordered to series in August.
Martindale is repped by Gersh.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR