'The Americans' Adds Margo Martindale for 8-Episode Arc
Confirmed to appear in the bulk of the freshman season, the Emmy-winning "Justified" actress returns to FX.
FX is adding another American.
The network's upcoming spy drama, which recently announced a Jan. 30 premiere date, has cast Margo Martindale for a minimum of eight episodes.
Martindale comes to The Americans after an award-winning turn on another FX series, Justified, where she took home the 2010 Emmy for best supporting actress in a drama series.
Like stars Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys, Martindale will play a Russian spy living stateside. Her character, Claudia, serves as a liaison between the KGB and central spies Phillip (Rhys) and Elizabeth (Russell).
Created and executive produced by Joe Weisberg (Falling Skies), The Americans is a Cold War period drama about KGB spies posing as Americans the Washington, D.C., suburbs. It recently started production on the 13-episode season after the pilot was ordered to series in August.
Martindale is repped by Gersh.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)