See Keri Russell as a Spy in First Trailer for FX's 'The Americans' (Video)
Matthew Rhys co-stars in the 1980s KGB spy drama from "Falling Skies'" Joe Weisberg and Graham Yost.
FX is looking to steal some of Homeland's thunder with new drama The Americans.
The cable network on Wednesday released the first official trailer for its 1980s KGB spy drama starring Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys.
In the clip, Russell's Elizabeth is a spy living in an arranged marriage to Phillip (Rhys), with two children who know nothing about their parents' true identity.
Their relationship grows more passionate and genuine by the day but is constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War and the intimate, dangerous and darkly funny relationships they must maintain with a network of informants and spies under their control. Complicating it further is Phillip’s growing sense of affinity for the American way of life. Tension heightens upon the arrival of a new neighbor, Stan (Noah Emmerich), an FBI agent working in counterintelligence.
Creator Joe Weisberg (Falling Skies), who once worked for the CIA, will serve as executive producer and showrunner on the project, with Justified showrunner Graham Yost on board as an EP.
Check out the clip, below, and hit the comments with your thoughts. The Americans premieres in January on FX.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR