'The Americans' Ups Two Guest Stars to Series Regulars
The FX drama, which recently wrapped its freshman run, returns in 2014 with a beefed up roster.
Just a week after closing its freshman season, FX's The Americans has promoted two guest stars to series regulars. Annet Mahendru and Alison Wright will be full-time players when the Cold War drama returns in 2014.
“Annet Mahendru has been a revelation as Nina, bringing the character to life with a rich and subtle depth that keeps you guessing as to what's really percolating under the surface,” said eps Joe Weisberg and Joel Fields. “And Alison Wright's portrayal of Martha is heartbreakingly real at every turn. We are thrilled to add them to our outstanding company of actors.”
The move comes as little surprise given how much screen time both Mahendru and Wright received this season. Mahendru appeared in all episodes but the pilot, while Wright showed up in 10 of the 13 episodes.
The Americans earned a 13-episode renewal in March following steady, if soft, ratings for its Wednesday night airings and significant DVR growth. The series previously upped Susan Misner to regular for the sophomore run.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR