Amy Adams Watches Her 'Grease'-Inspired On-Camera Debut (Video)
The 'American Hustler' actress saw her banking commercial for the first time, which had her singing about "free checking with no minimum" in a poodle skirt.
Before Amy Adams played a stripper turned con artist in the funky American Hustle or even became a Disney princess in Enchanted, she put her theater-trained vocal chops to work for...free checking.
On Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on Monday, the actress was shocked to find out that the host had dug up her first on-camera gig, which she got to watch for the first time.
"Before theater, if you don't mind me saying this, I loved your work from a commercial that we found," said Jimmy Fallon, taking Adams by surprise. "It was like a Grease parody?" To which she responded, "Oh my God, that's my first on-camera job -- I've never seen this!"
The commercial has Adams in a poodle skirt and high ponytail, singing a version of Grease's "Summer Lovin'" ("Summer Bankin'...had me some fun") with a John Travolta-esque co-star.
Watch the retro clip below:
What do you think of Adams' Grease-inspired gig? Sound off in the comments below.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR