Amy Winehouse Joke Edited on 'Glee Project'
Oxygen bleeped a comment from “Glee” creator Ryan Murphy on the Sunday night re-run.
While a light jab at British crooner Amy Winehouse might have been fair game a week ago, Oxygen’s The Glee Project is now singing a different tune.
PHOTOS: Amy Winehouse Funeral
Following the sudden death of the “Rehab” singer over the weekend, Oxygen quickly edited an episode of the reality program in which Glee creator Ryan Murphy pokes fun at a contestant dressed in drag.
“I’m surprised you didn’t come out here dressed like Amy Winehouse. Why didn’t you?” Murphy said. While the contestant joked that he’d be happy to put something on, Murphy’s next comment was dropped from the broadcast.
PHOTOS: Hollywood's Notable Deaths
According to the Boston Herald, Murphy shot back that only “a mop and a bottle” were needed to complete the ensemble, which was received to raucous laughter. Editors replaced those few seconds with a shot of judge and Glee choreographer, Zach Woodlee, while cutting the audio completely from the broadcast.
The original episode, complete with un-funny joke, originally aired on July 17. It was re-broadcast Sunday, July 24 at 8 p.m., leading into the new episode’s 9 p.m. slot.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'