Anderson Cooper Calls Twitter User a 'Moron' Over Sikh Temple Shooting Comment
The CNN anchor is broadcasting from Wisconsin in the aftermath of the massacre that left six people dead.
Anderson Cooper does not mince words when confronting critics on Twitter. Case in point: the CNN anchor's one-word response to a tweeter wondering why he wasn't in Wisconsin following the fatal shootings at a Sikh temple.
On Sunday night, he wrote: "You are a moron RT @sammymegleson: @andersoncooper does not rush down to Wisconsin....Is CNN discriminating because victims were Sikhs?"
That morning, a gunman opened fire inside a temple in the Milwaukee suburb of Oak Creek, killing six people including the temple's president and wounding several others. The shooter was later killed by police; he has been identified as Wade Michael Page, a 40-year-old U.S. Army veteran, according to CBS News. An investigation was underway as authorities searched a duplex and several homes in a nearby town.
Before his sharp reply to the Twitter critic, Cooper had informed his nearly three million followers that he was returning from filming a 60 Minutes segment in Ohio and would broadcast from Wisconson for his CNN program, AC360, on Monday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR