Anderson Cooper Gets Confessional in New Daytime Talk Promos (Video)
The newsman shows a softer side in trailers for his new show.
Newsman Anderson Cooper is dropping the hard-hitting news for one hour every weekday when his talk show premieres on September 12.
“I’m happiest doing different things, learning new things,” he said in a Q&A last month. “I like the interaction with the audience, and you can tell stories you can’t really tell on news … It doesn’t have the formality of a news show.”
That becomes clear as the daytime show has begun unrolling promos for its fall premiere with Cooper giving fans a bit of a window into his personal life. He also pays credence to the talk show hosts who have come before him, but offers up what will make his brand of talk different.
“I’m not going to follow in anyone’s footsteps,” he says. “I’m not going to tell you my new show is going to change your life, but I hope it makes your day more interesting, more informed, more fun.”
In addition to his gig at CNN’s 360 and CBS’ 60 Minutes, he’ll executive produce the show with Jim Murphy (Good Morning America) and Lisa Morin (Oprah Winfrey Show) and shoot out of New York. Warner Bros. Telepictures will distribute the syndicated show.
Watch the new promos below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR