Comedian Andrea Savage to Write, Star in ABC Comedy 'Re-Together' (Exclusive)
Jamie Tarses will produce the single-camera comedy, which landed a script order at the network.
ABC is betting on Andrea Savage.
The writer-actress has sold Re-Together, a single-camera comedy that has landed a script order at ABC, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Savage, whose recent on-screen roles have included features Dinner for Schmucks and Step Brothers, will write and star in the project that revolves around a couple with two small kids who get divorced and live their lives with other people for 30 years. They get back together in their 60s, when their grown children are tasked with being a nuclear family for the first time. From Sony Pictures Television, Savage will executive produce alongside Fanfare's Jamie Tarses.
The Funny or Die writer-actress most recently guest starred on Showtime's House of Lies and ABC's Modern Family. Last pilot season, she co-starred in Steve Levitan/Joe Port/Joe Wiseman's Fox comedy pilot Rebounding. The sale marks her latest development move. Last year, Savage sold a semi-autobiographical half-hour comedy to NBC with director-producer Jay Roach on board. Like Re-Together, she was attached to write and star in the vehicle.
Savage is repped by UTA and Mosaic.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR