'Good Morning America' Ties 'Today' During Ann Curry's Final Week
The ratings yo-yo continues for the morning rivals, though NBC maintains its firm grip on the coveted adults 25-54.
Final Nielsen numbers are in for Ann Curry's last week on Today, and as reported earlier this week, her first day off the NBC stage brought a win for rival Good Morning America.
ABC's Friday broadcast of GMA, which went up against Savannah Guthrie's Today debut as co-anchor, ranked as the most-watched morning newscast last week and topped NBC in total viewers (4.85 million over 4.19 million) and the coveted adults 25-54 (1.86 million over 1.75 million).
ABC also managed to tie NBC in total viewers for the week. Although the show has scored similar feats since the viewership seesaw started tilting in its favor in April for the first time in 16 years, matching Today's 4.6 million haul on a such a highly publicized week is cause for some bragging rights.
Still, GMA isn't touching Today in weekly numbers for the morning's most desirable demo, adults 25-54. Today brought in 1.95 million in the group last week, while GMA pulled in 1.67 million.
Year-to-date, GMA is the only morning program to post gains in viewers and the demo, rising 4 and 7 percent, respectively.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws