Anthony Weiner Scandal: Jon Stewart Misses Opportunity to React on Late-Night Show
"The Daily Show" wasn't scheduled to tape Thursday, the day Stewart's congressman pal resigned.
It looks like Jon Stewart won't get to weigh in on the news that his old pal Anthony Weiner resigned Thursday.
His late-night show, Comedy Central's The Daily Show With Jon Stewart, wasn't scheduled to tape that day.
"#FriendlyReminder We are not taping tonight," the show's staff tweeted. "Good thing nothing noteworthy happened today. #SeeYouMonday"
Stewart knows Weiner from college and defended the congressman on his show after the scandal broke over Weiner sending suggestive photos to several women over the Internet.
Following Weiner's admission, Stewart's response was: "I don't know what to do anymore! It's killing me."
After getting flack from critics who thought he went too easy on the congressman, Stewart last week taped a Weiner-related sketch that didn't go so well, with the host getting cut by a broken glass.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack