Dawson Meets MacGyver: 'Apartment 23' Enlists Richard Dean Anderson (Exclusive)
The actor will guest star as himself in an upcoming episode of ABC's James Van Der Beek starrer.
Dawson Leery, prepare to meet MacGyver.
Richard Dean Anderson, who played the savvy secret agent on ABC's thriller MacGyver for seven seasons from 1985 to 1992, has been tapped to guest star on the network's sophomore comedy Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Anderson will cameo as himself in an upcoming episode of the ABC comedy that stars Dawson's Creek alum James Van Der Beek as a skewed version of himself. The actor becomes the latest star to potentially poke fun at himself on the series, which co-stars Krysten Ritter and Dreama Walker. Dawson's co-star Busy Philipps, Saved by the Bell's Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Malcolm in the Middle's Frankie Munitz have all played themselves on the comedy from executive producers Nahnatchka Khan and David Hemingson.
In addition to MacGyver, Anderson's credits also include the Stargate Universe series and episodes of Raising Hope and Fairly Legal. He's repped by ICM Partners.
An airdate for his episode has yet to be determined. Apartment 23 airs Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. on ABC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR