'Argo' Actress Joins CBS' 'Beverly Hills Cop'
Sheila Vand will play a detective on the force in the network's Eddie Murphy/Shawn Ryan update.
CBS' Beverly Hills Cop has enlisted the services of an Argo actress.
Sheila Vand has joined the cast of the network's Beverly Hills Cop update, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The actress played the small but vital role of Sahar, the housekeeper at the home of the Canadian ambassador in Ben Affleck's Oscar favorite Argo.
Described as a continuation of the movie franchise, the drama pilot from The Shield's Shawn Ryan centers on Aaron (Brandon T. Jackson), the police-officer son of Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy), who takes down the criminal elements of the rich and famous in Beverly Hills while working to escape his famous father's shadow. Murphy will reprise his role as the wisecracking detective in the pilot and could recur should the project go to series.
Vand will play Leila, a Beverly Hills detective who gave up a life of privilege for one of independence. She's sharp and frustrated when newcomer Aaron insists on keeping secrets while not playing by the rules.
She joins a cast that also includes The Office's David Denman and Kevin Pollak.
Repped by Paradigm and Untitled Entertainment, her credits also include episodes of The CW's Cult, NYC 22 and the web series Prom Queen.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR