Lifetime Orders Additional 10 Episodes of 'Army Wives'
The veteran series continues to be a lynchpin for the network, which has struggled to launch scripted hits this year.
Lifetime has ordered ten additional episodes of Army Wives, which will bring the sixth season episode total to 23.
The drama is currently in production and sources say it’s not clear if the additional ten episodes will run concurrent with the initial 13 or be split into two seasons.
None of the series actresses are contracted beyond the current season, which started shooting this fall and was scheduled to wrap by early next year.
The fifth season of the Army Wives, which had its finale last June, averaged 3.6 million viewers.
That marked double-digit, year-over-year increases among total viewers, the18-49 and women 18-49 demographics.
Lifetime has struggled to launch new scripted hits this year prompting executives to take a hard look at the development slate.
The Ally Walker drama The Protector launched last June to 1.9 million viewers, holding on to only half of its lead in from incumbent hit Army Wives. Fellow freshman drama Up Against the Wall also put up underwhelming numbers (1.8 million) when it bowed last July.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game