'Arrow' Adds 'Torchwood' Star John Barrowman
The "Doctor Who" alum will recur on the freshman CW drama as a prominent and mysterious man described as a prominent figure in Starling City.
The captain is coming to Arrow.
John Barrowman, who starred as Captain Jack Harkness on Torchwood, has joined the CW's Arrow, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by EW, Barrowman will board the network's adaptation of the DC Comics series as a well-dressed man who is as mysterious as he is wealthy. In the recurring role, the Doctor Who alum will play an acquaintance of the Queen family and prominent figure in Starling City.
The CW series stars Stephen Amell (Private Practice) as Oliver Queen/Arrow, a hooded vigilante who returns home to Starling City five years after being presumed dead from a boating crash to carry out revenge upon the people who have transformed his hometown from the sprawling city it once was.
Barrowman, who was attached to star in Shonda Rhimes' period drama Gilded Lilys this past pilot season, joins a cast that includes Katie Cassidy as Oliver's former flame.
He's repped by WME.
Hit the comments with your thoughts on who you think Barrowman will play. Arrow premieres Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 8 p.m. on the CW.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting