'Arrow' Adds 'Torchwood' Star John Barrowman
The "Doctor Who" alum will recur on the freshman CW drama as a prominent and mysterious man described as a prominent figure in Starling City.
The captain is coming to Arrow.
John Barrowman, who starred as Captain Jack Harkness on Torchwood, has joined the CW's Arrow, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by EW, Barrowman will board the network's adaptation of the DC Comics series as a well-dressed man who is as mysterious as he is wealthy. In the recurring role, the Doctor Who alum will play an acquaintance of the Queen family and prominent figure in Starling City.
The CW series stars Stephen Amell (Private Practice) as Oliver Queen/Arrow, a hooded vigilante who returns home to Starling City five years after being presumed dead from a boating crash to carry out revenge upon the people who have transformed his hometown from the sprawling city it once was.
Barrowman, who was attached to star in Shonda Rhimes' period drama Gilded Lilys this past pilot season, joins a cast that includes Katie Cassidy as Oliver's former flame.
He's repped by WME.
Hit the comments with your thoughts on who you think Barrowman will play. Arrow premieres Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 8 p.m. on the CW.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)