'Arrow' Star Makes Cameo in CW's 'Flash'
Stephen Amell appears in the first episode, as revealed in the extended trailer.
The Flash is going to get a jolt of Arrow.
The CW spinoff's first episode will feature a cameo by Stephen Amell as the Arrow, as revealed in the extended trailer that hit the web Thursday. (Amell's drop-by takes place around the 4-minute mark.)
"Take your own advice. Wear a mask," the Arrow tells an impressionable Barry Allen. "Cool."
News of a Arrow/The Flash crossover comes after the debut of the first teaser trailer for the anticipated drama, which stars Grant Gustin as the title character. The minute-long promo featured Amell and Gustin as their respective superhero heroes.
Amell's appearance shouldn't come as a surprise, as both Arrow and The Flash exist in the same universe. Gustin was first introduced as the young Barry Allen, the man who would become The Flash, in a two-episode arc on Arrow last November and two S.T.A.R. Labs members had brief cameos in the latter part of the second season.
The CW is betting big on the upcoming comic-book adaptation, slotting The Flash in the 8 p.m. Tuesday slot, an hour that belonged to another spinoff during the 2013-14 season: The Vampire Diaries offshoot The Originals.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)